As I prepare to leave Okinawa, for a second time, I'm reminded of all of the things that I love about this wonderful place, the things that I will take with me forever, and the things that I will miss terribly. The latter are as follows:
1. The 5:30 music that plays indicating the end of the work day, dismissing people to go be with their families (and what happy music it is)
2. The most amazing park, merely a mile from my "home"
3. By far the world's best pedicures. Find a better one, I dare you!
4. My crossfit family. SCF will forever hold a very special place in my heart. I hope to see you all again soon!
5. The food. How is this #5, especially with how much I ate, and how often I thought of food?!
6. My car that talked to me at various points in the city. I have yet to figure out what "she" said, my guess is that she was warning me about cameras at the lights...but, that is a guess, and probably a terrible one.
7. The lovely neon glow that peeked through my curtains if I didn't close them just right. You know, from the fine establishments known as "love hotel alley"
8. The outdoor adventures with good friends
9. The overly cheery man at the park who always made sure to say/shout "ohayou gozaimasu" every morning that I walked
10. The beautiful sunrises that welcome the day