Before even starting to make my breakfast I was getting this heap of deliciousness ready! It does have to cook all day in the crock pot after all! Really how do you go wrong with beef (grass fed of course), coffee, and cooked onions?! You don't, that's the answer!
Paleo Coffee Pot Roast:
- 3-5 lbs of chuck roast (I used 3.5 and it fit just right in my 4qt crock pot with the other stuff)
- onion sliced (I used two, I really like cooked onion!)
- garlic cloves peeled and smashed (I used 6-8, I will NOT be eating these, they are just for flavor!)
- Sea salt, pepper, and any other seasoning that you want to use for the meat
- brewed coffee (I used Starbucks VIA because it was what I had, I added 4 small coffee cups of it, it almost came to the top)
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- put sliced onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season the meat (sea salt, pepper, and anything else)
- put the meat in the crock pot
- pour the coffee on top and add the vinegar
- Cook on low for 10 ish hours