I've decided to start sharing some of my "Gourmet on the Go" recipes on my blog. I've done my share of traveling and living in hotels, but this doesn't mean that I (or you) have to eat like I'm on the road all of the time!
Game Day Nachos
- baked tortilla chips
- 2% shredded cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- fat free sour cream or a great substitute is fat free plain yogurt (I prefer Greek yogurt)
- ground turkey (I get the most lean thats available)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- black beans (I just get the canned kind because it's quick and easy)
- foil (i prefer the non-stick kind)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you don't have an oven or would like a quicker route you can use a microwave)
- brown the ground turkey and drain any fat (there isn't much with turkey)
- mix in the taco seasoning and required amount of water, simmer as directions indicate and drain excess liquids, set aside
- I use foil to make a pan because I rarely have access to one when I'm on the road (this is where non-stick is great, and cleanup is a breeze!) fold up the sides and voila!
- Put some chips on the bottom and sprinkle cheese, then the design is up to you. I prefer to put a lot of the good stuff in the middle and then cover it up with another layer of chips and cheese
- bake for 15-20 minutes
- plot a big heap of sour cream/yogurt on top and ENJOY!